Karwa Chauth is a festival of love and devotion between a husband and wife. This festival is the celebration of the special bond shared between soulmates. A wife gets all dolled up by wearing beautiful dresses and traditional jewelry for her husband and he gives her something valuable to show his love towards his wife. Every year this festival is celebrated all over the world wherever Indians reside. Countries like Canada, the USA, Australia, England, where the population of Indian migrants are more, also celebrate this festival with great enthusiasm.
Highlights of Karwa Chauth Celebration in the USA
The USA is a country with a high population of Asian and Indian immigrants. Karwa Chauth is a Hindu festival and Hinduism is the fourth largest faith in the United States. So, there are several temples where the celebration of Karwa Chauth takes place.
Here are some of the main set of events that takes place in the celebration of this festival in the USA
Women start shopping for this amazing festival many days before. They buy beautiful dresses along with some trendy jewelry like Kundan jewelry, Latest American Diamond Jewelry online, Red Bangles and many other accessories. For online shopping of Traditional Karwa Chauth Jewellery, you can visit Amazel Design. You can get the latest collection at very affordable prices with an on-door delivery option.
- There are many Indian Grocery stores online and offline in the United States that easily provide all the necessary items for the Karwa Chauth festival like-
- Make up Pre-packed kits
- Karwa Thali
- Hindu God Ideals
- Sargi eatables and many more
- A day before Karwa Chauth, ladies get mehndi tattoos on their hands, which is a very important part of this festival. In the USA you might not get many mehndi artists, usually, women make tattoos by themselves or a friend or a family member helps them. But in states like New York, Chicago, New Jersey where the Indian migrant population is more, you can get a professional mehndi artist too.
- On the evening of Karwa Chauth day, it is necessary to attend Karwa Chauth pooja and listen to the Katha. Usually, every Hindu temple conducts this pooja where women sit in a circle with their thalis and listen to the story of Karva Chauth narrated by the priest present in the temple. There are around 450 Hindu Temples in the USA in different states, most of them offer Karwa Chauth Pooja in USA.
- At night after taking a glimpse of the moon through a Karwa Chauth Channi or Sieve, the husband then breaks his wife's fast by feeding her with water and sweets. After that, there might be some get-togethers with friends and family to have a good dinner party at each other's house or some small halls.